Sunday 15 May 2011

A perfect weekend...

...begins with a perfect weekend breakfast. I have made these scones couple a times before and the outcome was always fabulous. 

I got the recipe from Anita's blog but she refers to the original recipe at Julia's site. It's so easy I could as well quickly post English version here:

450g self raising flour
1 teaspoon salt
110g cold butter
50g sugar
450g apples (5-7 pieces, I usually add less)

1/2 cup milk

1. Cut butter in small pieces.
Mix with flour, sugar and salt. Blend a little until coarse crumbs are forming.

2. Grate half of apples, chop the other half into small pieces. Mix into flour.
3. Add milk until dough is soft and slightly contagious. Depending on how juicy apples you have add more milk if necessary.

4. On a lightly floured surface roll the dough and make circles approx 5cm big. Or cut larger circle into triangles. Transfer to plate. Brush the top with a little bit of milk.
5. Cook about 20-25 minutes @ 190 C
Serve with raspberry or strawberry jam and whipped cream
.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete